1. I may have had the best grilled cheese sandwich of my life today. Just sayin'. It wasn't your momma's grilled cheese & probably is a little too spicy for littles unless they are into spiciness. The recipe can be found here.
2. I have a kazillion projects that I really really want to get done soon. Our July is just so packed that I find myself wondering if I will ever finish these projects. We recently moved N & O into the same room (bunk beds are wonderful!) and now I need to finish H's nursery. I also have a roll top desk that needs painting, an armoire that needs painted & moved into H's room, and a few other projects that either need painted, sewn, or just decorated.
3. Our dog snorts like a pig when she sleeps. Random, I know. But she is sleeping right beside me & if I have to listen to her snorts, you need to know about them. Important stuff. I'm also thinking she is trying to create another dog. Our supposedly non shedding dog is leaving clumps of hair everywhere. Or maybe its a sign she needs to be groomed...
4. The baby started solid foods this week. Can you really call strained peas, pureed peaches & bananas, & mushed up sweet potatoes solids? Anyways- I think she likes it. Can you tell?
mmmm...I will raise my non existent eye brows to show you how I feel about bananas!
5. I still sing the Gwen Stefani song when I spell bananas. Just sayin' You know you do it too.
6. I need to make more laundry detergent. It will be a blog post. I love making my own laundry detergent, but I hate grating the soap to make it. But unless I want to wear dirty clothes, I need to get grating.
7. This blog post is a form of procrastination. I should be cleaning.
8. My 5 year old lost her first tooth last Thursday. It may or may not have been the result of her chin connecting with her knee earlier in the week... The tooth fairy came. Her name is Agatha (she left a letter).
9. I got a very nice sunburn yesterday. On my shin. Not shins...shin. The right one to be exact. Who does that?? Of all places to get a sunburn, I manage to burn my shin. It will be super sexy when it starts to peel. But the aquatic center here in town is very nice & we had a blast as a family. Even the baby liked swimming- along with the 4 year old who last year was very afraid of putting his face in the water. This year, he has turned into a fish.
10. I haven't been to the gym for over a month. H is having a growth spurt or something & since I am the only one in the family with the...uh...equipment to feed her, I am the one waking up at 2, 3, and 4 am. This makes waking up at 5 to hit the gym nearly impossible. Hopefully now that she is on solid foods, she will sleep better & this mommy can go work out. I feel better after exercise & a mommy that feels better is a happy mommy.
11. Touching your eye after making & eating the sandwich mentioned in #1 is not recommended. That being said, I think my random rambling is over. The tears are making it hard to read the screen. **Ouch!**
Have a blessed week everyone! (or all 4 of you that read this!)