Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Dust or Sparkles?

Well...apparently blogging takes time!  Not that I haven't had a moment- I have.  I even have thought about getting on here to blog.  Ive thought about topics to write about, moments to share,  funny things that the kids have said, and even a few things to gripe about.  But, something else always seemed to take priority.  Funny how that happens.  It makes me wonder how many times I have thought, "Man, I really should sit down with my Bible and have some time with God." and then chose to do something else instead. Probably way more than I ever should.  That is the life a lot of us live.  We try to prioritize, but something else always pops up.  Who is guilty of this??  *Raises hand wildly*  This mommy!  Our church just started a series this past Sunday & I honestly felt as if Pastor J was talking directly to ME!!!  Out of control??  No time??  Chaos??  Has he been spying on me lately??  It hit home.  It made me think of all the moments I have taken for granted.




I went back to a moment a week ago that I could have taken for granted.  I didn't and now it may just be one of my favorite moments with my 2 creative older kiddos.  I had opened up the blinds to let in the bright sunshine the other morning & then went back to my bedroom to change the baby & tidy up a bit.  When I returned to the living room, O & N were twirling and dancing in the sunbeam.  I asked them what they were doing and N replied that they were "dancing in the sparkles because it was magical!"  Sure enough, there was dust floating in the air and it "sparkled" in the sunlight.  I watched them with awe for a few moments, just relishing in their childhood innocence.  For that moment I forgot about the fact that it was dust in the air that would need to be cleaned later, I forgot about the dishes in the sink that needed to be loaded in the dishwasher, I forgot about diapers that needed washing, I forgot about the grocery list that needed to be written out, I forgot about the tasks of life & focused on that moment.  And then, I joined in the twirling.  


**Update:  The link above will take you to the sermon.  Enjoy! I did.   

No comments:

Post a Comment